Sunday, April 12, 2009

I just want to share

Today April 12th My Uncle passed away. He was my mother remaining living brother ( she had 4). My uncle Freddie was a very funny, loving, highly respected man. Things happened so fast. He was diagnosed with Cancer and from that day it all went down hill, he went from being diagnosed to, given 6 months to a year to live, to having to be put on a machine to help him breath, then falling into a coma. and Today passing away. All of this happened in a 2 week span. I woke up this morning headed to the hospital with this ill feeling. Part of me knew this would be the day. Unconsciously i wore all black. As I walked the the halls I knew something was wrong. I met a friend of the family who tells me he is gone.

I am going to see a lot of my family within the coming weeks. What is so sad about it is i haven't seen most of them for 7 years. When my first cousin ( whom i called my uncle) My uncles son passed. I questioned why is it that I only see a lot of my family when death has rocked up. I made a promise to my self for that to end.

I strongly stress, when feeling ill, go to the doctor. My uncle had said to some that he wasn't feeling well for quite a while. That is why he went so fast. In the end i think he wanted to go soon instead of putting his sister ( my mom) and his children through watching him die. Please take care of you self, make sure your health is good.
Thanks for reading....

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for you loss! My father passed away April 18th, last year and it still hurts to this day.
    He went down the same road as your uncle ... wasn't feeling ell for a while, went to the doctor, was scheduled for an emergency surgery and never woke up.
    Cancer ... I think we all take our health for granted.
    Cancer is not a joke.
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete