Monday, March 23, 2009

lets take a few steps back...

SO i wanted to tell a little about myself for those who don't know me. I am a very motivated individual. I have faced many hurdles in my life and thus far have been able to jump them. Having a child at a young age I became a statistic, I was pegged to fail in life, be nothing, go no where. I was told I would fail my child because I would have nothing to give him. These words haunted me for years and still do, but they also empower me. I work hard so that my son will be successful!
I was the first one from my generation to complete college, i earned a degree in my field and when receiving my Bachelors degree i graduated with honors.All of this while having a full time job and being a mom. In May i will be receiving my Masters degree. This from someone that had no hope, no future, no where to go. I never gave up hope even though many gave up on me. In may when I complete that chapter in my life it will be a slap in the face to all of those who doubted i would make a life for my self and my child. I regret nothing and live to make a better life for my son. My life is the furthest thing from a fairytale but I enjoy every adventure i go on.
I hope you enjoyed the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment