Thursday, March 26, 2009

Borrowed from some one else... Emotional spring cleaning!

1. Sit down and center yourself, with your journal or a piece of paper. In the quietude of the moment, ask yourself, “What emotional responses do not serve me?” Don’t edit the thoughts. Don’t judge the answers. Just witness what comes in. Once you feel clear and calm, write down what came through.

2. Once the list is complete, take some time over the next few days to write how these emotions show up and what triggers them. It is important that you are clear about what buttons get pushed and how.

3. Write a list of the ways you could lead a more empowered life if you could shift these negative patterns.

4. Create a set of goals (no more than three per emotional issue) that you will begin to implement in the next six months. Include only those goals that you will commit to doing. You do not want to set yourself up for failure. Make sure, with these goals, that you create how you are going to release the unwanted behavior (Example: I will count to 10 before I speak when I am angry; I will call my prayer partner before I act out of an emotional place; I will take time to write down how a negative emotional response will not support me, and I will choose another response.)

5. Make a “win” list: Every time you respond more positively, document it. The more wins you experience and celebrate … the more wins there will be in your life!

Take a moment to say or think about this affirmation:

I totally and fully take charge of my emotional reactions. I clear out my negative dramatic tendencies and open to a life of magnificent joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment