Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am on a new hair Journey

My hair journey is not going to be easy... I have decided to go natural. NOW when i say natural i mean no chemicals... I will still be weaving and wigging it up. At this moment I am going to transition. I decided on this after much thought. I really want to do a big cut but i will see how well I will transition. As of now my hair is BSL (bra strap length) when blown out ( which is rare). By September i should be able to decide if i want to cut it all off, really short.
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. yay! congrats on the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You!
    I hope i am strong enough to fulfill it. I think right now is the easy part

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to hell...i mean transitioning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, How bad is it? be honest. How long have u been doing it. I need the best products for my naps b4 they get to bad...lol
    all the info i can get will be helpful.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shoes ... Gcurly here,
    Congrats! You won't regret it. Natural is really the best of ALL worlds LOL.
    Fotki album are the best help you can get.
    I didn't transition (I chopped when I decided to go natural) ... but many women there do.
    The major thing is to keep your new growth soft. The point where your relaxed and natural hair meets is very weak, so you have to be careful with your hair.
    Try to do mostly curly hair styles and blending will not be an issue.
    Castor oil makes hair very soft and manageable, so try that too.
    Wash your hair with conditioners and get a denman brush to detangle your hair and then add a product for moisture one for hold and then do curly hair styles. Your transition will be a breeze!
    My fotki: fotki.com/nappturalnurse

    ReplyDelete